toilet in basement

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by tracer1981, Mar 9, 2013.

1. tracer1981

tracer1981 New Member

I would like to install a toilet in basement. But my septic lines are higher then my basement floor. What would i need, and how could i get this to toilet to flush up 6-8feet into the septic line?
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Either an ejector pump in a pit under the floor, (the best way), or an above the floor pump and receiver.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

If you go with an ejector pump, you can use any toilet. Otherwise, something like the Saniflow toilet would work.