toilet height

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by johnson, Jun 18, 2008.

1. johnson

johnson New Member

can you tell me what the height including seat that a toilet should be and also wash basin height. these are commercial fixtures in florida. Seems what i am being told about plumbing codes and ADA requirements are different. Can you help.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Is this for a wall-hung toilet or a floor mounted one? Wheelchair accessable?
  3. johnson

johnson New Member

toilet heights

Wall hung,not handicapped,Plumber is replacing old toilet,and mounting them to existing mounts,but there is a difference in the old and new heights.The new toilets only measure 15" to top of seat.
  4. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

"normal" toilets are bowl height typically 14" to 14½". ADA bowls are usually 16" to 17" . Add roughly 1" to all of these for seat height.

There is no code I know of for "regular" bowls. A facility, like child care, may be required to have some childrens' 10" high, like the A/S Baby Devoro. Pubic facilities usually need to have "accessible" restrooms, meaning an ADA stall.