Toilet flushing problem

Users who are viewing this thread

husky

Reaction score
We just started having a problem with flushing. When we flush it does not seem like it wants to draw the water down right. I have pulled off the air vents under the sinks and it flushes right. Have installed new vent caps but did not help. Any ideas?? And yes this is on a double wide trailer.

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
IF it flushes with the "air vents" off, it is NOT a problem with the air vents. You have a plugged sewer, or at least the pipe is full of water for some reason. That is a problem with "air vents" which does not occur when the vents are installed properly so you do not need them.

Gary Swart

In the Trades
Reaction score
What are "airs vents"? Inquiring minds want to know. I'm just a dumbass DIY, but I've never heard this term before.

husky

Reaction score
Thanks HJ. The air vents I'm talking about are just a one way valve. They were to cheap to run the pipes right!!

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Thanks HJ. The air vents I'm talking about are just a one way valve. They were to cheap to run the pipes right!!

Those are generically referred to as AAV (air admittance valves)...note that they can't be the ONLY vent - you still need at least one atmospheric vent out the roof for the overall system to work properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks