Toilet flange ABS dent - ok?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gouverbe

Reaction score
Hi,

I discovered that a terrible flange job causing leaking in my bathroom basement. The flange was really not even (1.5 inch difference) and the bolt where not at the right place.

Thus I took of the flange and I am planning on putting a new one.

However while taking off the old glued flange i did a few dent in the exterior pipe with both my saw and chisel (as you can see in the picture).

I don’t think the dent went all the way through

My plan is to put a new flange twist and set and hopefully the gasket should be below those dent so no water should encounter those.

For extra precaution I wanted to fill those dent to make sure no water could pass through. What should I use ? ABS cement glue ?

Thank you for your advices

Attachments

• 99740F74-C5B5-448D-A7BC-ADE3E2B1E12F.jpeg
    99740F74-C5B5-448D-A7BC-ADE3E2B1E12F.jpeg
    97.5 KB · Views: 44
  • B0EE5A08-7032-47DC-A702-BDF520BAD706.jpeg
    B0EE5A08-7032-47DC-A702-BDF520BAD706.jpeg
    72.3 KB · Views: 45

Reach4

Reaction score
I don't know what the photos are intended to show.

What is that light-colored stuff down farther?

Gouverbe

Reaction score
I think ABS cement

The first picture is to show the overall installation, the second one to show the chisel cut and saw cut in the pipe

Chucky_ott

Reaction score
Hard to see what's going on there but it looks like the flange ring was removed and now you're left with the original pipe and the flange hub still glued on. Is that correct?

Gouverbe

Reaction score
Yes ! And I noticed another problem today the flange is not even because the pipe is not vertical …
I think I might have to dig around the concrete :(
15610376-3B21-48DF-A7D8-3EEDEC131583.jpeg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks