Toilet drain angle?

Users who are viewing this thread

cheepsox

Reaction score
I am going from a wall mounted toilet to a floor one. full access to basement below. Vent pipe is one foot to the side of the soil pipe.

The current soil pipe is a 4" pvc that goes straight down into the basement, about 6 feet before it hits a cast iron 90.

If I do the new flange hole 12 from the drywall, it will be maybe 14" from the current soil pipe. (and yes plugging the old toilet receptacle hole)

I would like to go 1 foot down from the flange to clear the joists, then a 45 elbow, then a straight run to tap into the existing soil pipe with a 45 wye. I'm guessing the length of pipe travelling that angle will be about 2 feet before it meets the wye.

Will it clog? is it up to code? or should I do something else? THANKS!!!

l l
l l
l /
l /
l /
l /
l/
l
(will be more of an isosceles triangle w 2 45's but you get the idea)

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
a verticle wye with a piece in the wye branch followed by a 45 pointed up right under the hole in floor works perfect .
provided that the pipe running out the top of the wye isnt a drain for another floor above the toilet

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks