Toilet bowl with large water surface area?

Users who are viewing this thread

DAMiller

Reaction score
I recently bought a Gerber Viper toilet for a bathroom remodel project, and I've been dissapointed with the water level in the bowl. I've added more water to the bowl but the level stays the same (for any plumbers that might be reading this, think about the water level in a cheap Crane toilet from Lowes in the early 2000's). I'm sure it has to do with the weir/trapway design but I don't care for it.

I was about to order a Cadet 3 which I believe would give me a larger surface area, but I'm basing my assumption on a Cadet toilet that I purchased 10+ years ago. When I read recent Cadet reviews though I'm finding some have complained about the bowl water level on these too. Is anyone making a toilet with a decent bowl water surface area?

SAS

Reaction score
I have recently installed a couple of 1.28 gpf Toto Entrada toilets, and they have a good size water spot for a 1.28 gpf toilet. Bothe of those are round front toilets; I'm not sure if the elongated versions have as large a water spot.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
While there is some flexibility on the shape of the water spot, with the US federal mandate (and some states as well) on the volume of water that can be used in a flush, considering that all of that water must be dumped, the size and volume of that water can't be very large. You can make it deeper to cover whatever is dumped in there, or you can make it wider to potentially help prevent skid marks.

More than one toilet manufacturer sells (sometimes optional) a much smoother glaze that allows the flush to rinse quite well. Toto has a flushing system available on some toilets that doesn't have a rim, and the rinse water comes out and swirls around the bowl, rather than coming out small holes spaced around it. The swirling action cleans better. https://www.totousa.com/technologies/dynamax

FWIW, Toto is the largest toilet manufacturer in the world, and has a huge plant in Georgia, USA. Some others are now trying to copy this tech.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks