Toe Kick Heat

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by noisyoldradiator, Jan 31, 2009.

1. noisyoldradiator

noisyoldradiator New Member

Jan 31, 2009
    I have a series loop hot water system in my home. I would like to install a toe kick heater in my kitchen. Under the kitchen floor and accessible in the basement, is a 3/4" copper pipe feeding the baseboard heat to my dining room. I realize that I can cut into this pipe and install the toe kick heater and keep the water flowing on to the dining room. The problem is the inlet & outlet of the toe kick is 1/2". If I place it in series with the dining room won't it act like a fuse and limit the heat to the dining room? If I place T's in the 3/4" pipe the 1/2" pipes won't get enough hot water as the water will follow the path of least resistance. Right?
    Is there a way to do this using the existing 3/4" pipe under the kitchen or do I have to install another zone?

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sep 2, 2004
    Retired Systems engineer for defense industry.
    New England
    Research monoflow T's...I think this may be what you need.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement