Tiny Insects from Drain

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Ann T, May 18, 2008.

1. Ann T

Ann T New Member

I have tiny bugs in and around my kitchen sink. I was told by a plumber that they are coming from the sewer and I should pour Clorox down the drain. I did. The Clorox corroded my garbage disposal and I still have the tiny, hopping, irritating and numerous insects. Can anyone help?
  2. DrainMedic

DrainMedic New Member

Look for a company in your area that does video inspections of sewer lines. If they are sewer flies around your sink, you may need to either A- Have the line snaked out, or B, there could possibly be a break in the sewer line near the sink.
  3. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber