A nicer looking out side corner

Users who are viewing this thread

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Lookin GOOD John, !

This is a great topic.....I often times like the clean bold edge of natural stone to die into the drywall.

On this tub surround for example I built up many layers and floated out the mud wall to make this travertine appear as if its flush with drywall. The finished edge being visible and seamless to paint edge........

Crappy pics!

IMG_20121003_152838.jpg

IMG_20121102_113251.jpg

ShowerDude

Showers
Reaction score
Quoting a client right now , the shower will have that Porcelenosa you like so much....Ono? oxo blanco i think?

Eurob

master tile and stone installer
Reaction score
Website
www.houzz.com
Great topic indeed ...... if I may add ,the ceiling could also benefit of the same level transition -- tile to drywall --

When doing a tiled shower ceiling , adding an extra layer of drywall or furring it will make the transition perfect . Don't forget the metal trim in between ;)

JohnfrWhipple

BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD
Reaction score
LOL

No glass yet. I'll wait till it's in operation before showing some more pictures. I gave my remote back and am finished for now. I might go back and trim out the window for them.

JW - "When it's perfect. It's Good Enough."

Last edited by a moderator:

Reach4

Reaction score
Passive aggressive antagoni*.

Last edited:

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
John carries grudges to the extreme...if things don't go his way (and, according to him, he's always right), he leaves in a huff. This is not the first site that he has done that to. FWIW, he does have his own website where he'll try to get you to pay him for advice, but some things are there to view. I have no reason to remember it, but as far as I know, it's still there.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks