Tile hole too small for flange extenders

Users who are viewing this thread

wsween

Reaction score
Good evening, first time poster, DIYer. The tile cut around my flange is too narrow of a hole for the extenders that are at the store to fit inside of. What’s the best way to go about extending the flange? I seem to have trouble getting the two stacked wax rings to not leak. Any suggestions? Should I cut the tile opening a little larger? Thanks.

CFA1D853-9596-4479-B5BC-6AC8338513D4.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
I would consider putting in a HydroSeat with the legs above the tile. If not that, then some other repair ring, which would hold the closet bolts.

When you take photos of closet flanges, it is usually best to remove the rag temporarily. It did not interfere with understanding this one.

wsween

Reaction score
I would consider putting in a HydroSeat with the legs above the tile. If not that, then some other repair ring, which would hold the closet bolts.

When you take photos of closet flanges, it is usually best to remove the rag temporarily. It did not interfere with understanding this one.
Thank you for your response and for the helpful tip. I think this product is probably what I am looking for. Being that the old flange is much lower than the floor, do you think one wax ring would be sufficient, or would I use two and then add the hydro seat on top of that?

wsween

Reaction score

Piggybacking off of my last question, could I just use a couple spacers to get to floor level, then add the wax ring and hydro seat?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks