thermostatic temperature control for bathtub

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by BlackNoir, Apr 7, 2009.

1. BlackNoir

BlackNoir Software Engineer

Hi, I've been googling for this and haven't been lucky. Is there something that I could use to basically dial in a specific temperature of water for a bath? I'm basically looking for something that I can set to a specific temperature so I can fill a tub with that temp water. My kids love to play in the bath and I'd like to be able to add water for them whenever they need it to warm back up but it's a real pain to get the temp just right when you're just letting it run at a slow fill instead of full blast.

I hope that makes sense.. :)

-Shay
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

temperature

Not without changing the entire faucet, unless you are lucky enough to have one which makes an interchangeable temperature module.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Many manufacturers make thermostatically controlled valves...I have one made by Grohe in my house and the plumbers here like the Delta 1700 rough-in valve with the thermostatic cartridge (and your choice of trim). Set it, and summer or winter, the temp is the same.
  4. BlackNoir

BlackNoir Software Engineer

Any chance you have a link to one of these?
  5. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

www.groheamerica.com is one. Not sure of Delta's website...just google it and search on thermostatic valve