Thermostatic shower valve - water hammer

Users who are viewing this thread

Stagestruck

Reaction score
recently installed a thermostatic valve from Hudson Reed - when in use, the water sometimes cuts out with a loud rattle. Enquiries to Hudson Reed give the response that my hot and cold inlets are at different pressures so the valve is designed to cut out when this happens to prevent shower scald etc. they say my solution is to use a pressure reducing valve on my cold line to bring it to the same pressure as the hot line. Web searches bring up a few examples of such things on UK websites but nothing obvious in North America, most seem to be the larger valves that install on the main house inlet.

Can anyone point me to a suitable pressure reducing valve for a shower, the pipe is 3/4" pex.

Many thanks...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks