The Dreaded Delta Bonnet

Users who are viewing this thread

RochNY

Reaction score
Hello, I read a really good thread on this subject here a while back. I have a stuck Delta Bonnet on my shower. HJ says to apply heat to the bonnet to get it off. My question is how much heat do I generally apply and do I hold my channel locks on at the same time? Not quite sure of the technique. Thanks.

Master Plumber Mark

Sensitivity trainer and plumber of mens souls
Reaction score
indianapolis indiana - land of the free, home of
Website
www.weilhammerplumbing.com
which delta faucet????

Depending on what delta faucet you
are talking about......

burning off the nut can work but it certainly
melts the cartridge and gets smokey....

I would rather use a hack saw and cut through the nut

but then you got to get another nut.....

just don't twist the whole brass cartridge or its

"crying time for you"

index.php

Last edited by a moderator:

Cass

Plumber
Reaction score
Soak it with PB Blaster found at Low*s. Then take some channel locks and squeeze the bonnet and move the channel locks around the the bonnet at the same time. You are trying to flex the metal to help the PB do its job. Let it work for 10 minuets or so and it should come off.

RochNY

Reaction score
I have the ball type valve....Ok Cass I will give the PB a try...I saw that you liked to use it on the other thread. Someone also recommended tapping around the nut until it comes lose. I will try that or the channel locks with the PB blaster spray. Hey Mark is there a special technique to saw the bonnet off? If I hit the threads is it time for a new valve? Thanks again.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks