Tankless survey

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by srdenny, Jul 17, 2007.

1. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

Sep 11, 2004
    Plumbing Contractor
    SF Peninsula
    I have a question for those of you who are installing these units. Are any of the code enforcement people in your areas requiring emergency pans under interior tankless installations?
  2. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

Jun 18, 2007
    Plumber, self employed
    Licensed Grump
    They have pressure reliefs, so it's the same as a tank type.
    In rough basements, no pan.
    Finished floor below...pan.
    As for inspectors, I ALWAYS check the model to be sure it's allowed by the state, and local gas co.
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. MattAlexander

MattAlexander Plumber

Jul 20, 2007
    Fresno CA.
    Yes !!!!!!! I have been instaling the RENAI tankless water heater units and in attics YES they ( inspectors in California ) do require a pan. In the case of being installed in a wall, NO, pans are not required.