Tankless survey

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by srdenny, Jul 17, 2007.

1. srdenny

srdenny Plumbing Contractor

I have a question for those of you who are installing these units. Are any of the code enforcement people in your areas requiring emergency pans under interior tankless installations?
  2. GrumpyPlumber

GrumpyPlumber Licensed Grump

They have pressure reliefs, so it's the same as a tank type.
    In rough basements, no pan.
    Finished floor below...pan.
    As for inspectors, I ALWAYS check the model to be sure it's allowed by the state, and local gas co.
  3. MattAlexander

MattAlexander Plumber

Yes !!!!!!! I have been instaling the RENAI tankless water heater units and in attics YES they ( inspectors in California ) do require a pan. In the case of being installed in a wall, NO, pans are not required.