tankless hot water and manabloc

Users who are viewing this thread

johnporta1

Reaction score
I have installed a 36 port manabloc with a on demand hot water supply. It is currently supplying 2 sinks a toilet and shower. The sinks work fine but the shower will not turn on the hot water unit. When I reduce the pressure on the cold side of the manablock the hot water unit comes on but the temp of the shower fluxuates and the cold supply is very low.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Tankless systems require some minimum flow before they will fire. In FL, your 'cold' water could be quite warm this time of the year, and your actual hot requirements may not be large enough to trigger the unit to come on. Not sure if there's anything you can do about that other than wasting some water by adding a second or higher flow showerhead. If you adjust the shower temperature to full hot, does the tankless trigger? How cold can you get it and still have it continue to fire?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks