Tankless Electric

Users who are viewing this thread

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
FWIW, I have measured my incoming water in the winter after a cold spell of 33-degrees F. Most people want the outgoing water for a shower at about 105-degrees, and it generally loses at least some on the way to the shower, plus, you'd probably want to mix in at least a little cold...this can give you an idea of the temp rise, in my case it could be 80 or more (the dish washer is pretty useless without it being MUCH hotter unless it has internal heaters to condition the water - some do, some don't). It takes a LOT of power that is MUCH easier to achieve with NG verses electric given most people's panel.

Other than a point of use water heater, most electrical tankless systems are inadequate in many locations because of both the available power and the temperature rise at a volume that makes taking a shower or filling a tub viable

Reaction score
quote; the two conjoined breakers are actually a200 amp ge panel.

NO! They are actually a 100 amp breaker on a 240 v feed. EACH leg is only 100 amps.

You're misunderstanding me. GE is the only manufacturer that does this. Here isa picture of a 200, made by stacking 4 100 amp breakers together

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    5.2 KB · Views: 266

JWelectric

Electrical Contractor/Instructor
Reaction score
You're misunderstanding me. GE is the only manufacturer that does this. Here isa picture of a 200, made by stacking 4 100 amp breakers together
What ever that is written on the handle is the amperage of the breaker. Having a breaker like this does not mean that they add together to make a larger breaker.

Norcal01

Reaction score

This is incorrect, ITE was the first to do this in the 1970's & Cutler-Hammer did use that style also as shown in the photo below.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks