Takagi tankless 3/4” outlet flow restriction

Users who are viewing this thread

hollasboy

Reaction score
Hello - just bought a new Takagi T-H3S-DV-P to replace a smaller Takagi that could barely handle our hot water demand. When running the shower, if another appliance came on, it greatly reduced hot water availability. Anyway, the old unit was rated for 6 GPM and 140k BTU. New unit is rated up to 8 GPM and 180k BTU. I was shocked when I unboxed the new unit at how small the aperture is in the hot outlet. It’s 3/4” thread but that hole looks smaller than 1/2”. The whole point of the swap was to increase capacity. The older, smaller WH has an outlet with a bigger hole than this one. Is this normal? Why would the outlet be so small? Look at how the cold side is a lot bigger than the hot side, but still not a full 3/4”.

Attachments

• IMG_9175.jpeg
    IMG_9175.jpeg
    65.2 KB · Views: 23
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks