Tailpiece Trap Primer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dlarrivee, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

Foam/Fireproofing/Acoustical
    I'd like to know what everyones thoughts are on using a little grey water for priming 2 floor drains in my basement... Is the tailpiece on one lav enough to keep 2 traps full?

Beyond that, any objections to using pex for the primer lines? I assume they need to be sloped towards the traps as well.

2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Plumber
    There are "trap priming" tailpieces with a diversion baffle and a tap for piping to ONE floor drain. Trying to use one for two drains means you have to develop a means to separate the water flow into two channels EQUALLY, which is not always an easy thing to do with drainage.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter

Master Plumber-Gas Fitter