Tailpiece Trap Primer

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by dlarrivee, Jan 13, 2011.

1. dlarrivee

dlarrivee New Member

I'd like to know what everyones thoughts are on using a little grey water for priming 2 floor drains in my basement... Is the tailpiece on one lav enough to keep 2 traps full?

Beyond that, any objections to using pex for the primer lines? I assume they need to be sloped towards the traps as well.
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

There are "trap priming" tailpieces with a diversion baffle and a tap for piping to ONE floor drain. Trying to use one for two drains means you have to develop a means to separate the water flow into two channels EQUALLY, which is not always an easy thing to do with drainage.
  3. shacko

shacko Master Plumber-Gas Fitter