Supply Line Question

Users who are viewing this thread

waxgroove

Reaction score
I recently purchased two lavatory faucets for my master bedroom.

When looking at what length of supply lines I would need I noticed that this particular faucet doesn't have the flexible supply's coming from the main - as was the case of my kitchen faucet and another faucet I've done recently.

This one simply has threaded tubes coming down from the hot/cold. So my question is does the typical steel braided supply lines (i.e. watts found at Lowes) work with this type of connection?

The instructions for these state that the user must bead the supply tube when using the compression fittings included with the faucet.

Are there certain faucets which can't use the flexible steel braided supply lines with the rubber compression seal inside?

Thanks -

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
For some reasons, faucet manufacturers still often include a 1/2" nut, flat washer, and rubber cone washer. These are for use with plain 3/8 copper tube. You muse bead the end of the tube to prevent it from pulling out.

I honestly never used this kind of supply. It just isn't done around here.

Any flex supply with 1/2 IPS connector will fit your faucet./

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
faucet

I have no idea what you are trying to describe, but some of the new Delta faucets come with a long 3/8" pex supply tube which have preassembled compression nuts. If they are too long, then they say you have to use the supplied compression rings to make a seal. The only time I have heard of "beading" a tube was when using cone washers on straight tubes, and that was to keep them from slipping out.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks