Sump Pump discharging onto lawn

Users who are viewing this thread

kay79

Reaction score
Hey Guys :)

I am new to your forum but love that there is a place I can find advice and tips.

Currently I have an issue with my house and the thawing of the ice on my lawn. It is causing my sump pump to discharge every half an hour or so. I am not sure if that is an issue but its causing the water to flow all over my front lawn and into the house via the basement.

Does anyone have a suggestion for me? Should I attach a pipe and run it to the street?

Cheers,

Kay79

Leejosepho

DIY scratch-pad engineer
Reaction score
Website
www.nonameyet.org
It sounds like your pump is doing its job, but that it might need to do less if you had some different landscaping. A pipe out across the yard would not necessarily guarantee the discharged water would not find its way back to the house. You might need to have someone come out to take a look at your drainage issue(s) and suggest some options.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks