Sump discharge- tie into downspouts AND prevent freezing? In Ohio

Users who are viewing this thread

thefed

Reaction score
I have a rental that recently had a sump act up...after some investigating, I discovered the 2 downspout drains (front of house) are tied into the sump discharge under-ground....and then they travel about 30 ft to the storm sewers under-ground. We snaked a gutter line because water was shooting up when sump turned on and it appears thee line is collapsed and or broken due to roots

SO, I am going to re-run everything avoiding the big tree in the front. My question is this: I know that I can run the sump into a 4" PVC , about 1 ft sub-grade, and drain to daylight with no risk of freezing if sloped properly. However, can I tie my downspouts into the same line? If so, wouldnt the downspout water help freeze it up faster?

MY GUESS Is that I should tie the 2 downspouts together and drain them to daylight, and run a separate 4" for the sump as a precaution...also to daylight? I guess tying into the storm sewers again would be favorable, but it would be tough because of the location vs. the tree.

Am I on the right path here?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks