Stink Pipe issue

Users who are viewing this thread

Dunbar Plumbing

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Northern Kentucky/Greater Cincinnati Area
Website
www.KoldBreeze.com
Leave it alone if you trust your caulk job.

That took some serious brute force working with that galvanized if that is 3" pipe. :eek: That's where the true blue plumbers existed.

Sure would hate to be off 2" and have to rethread my length over that.....sheesh!

PVC would be the way to go, put it in, make sure it's installed according to current code. Sometimes replacing a apple for an apple is incorrect due to changing codes over the years.

wep363

Reaction score
Leave it alone if you trust your caulk job.

That took some serious brute force working with that galvanized if that is 3" pipe. :eek: That's where the true blue plumbers existed.
It's 5" i think. 14.5" dia' those are 2 by 8 oak studs in that wall - take a crane! :eek: The City inspector took one look at it in my basement when he inspected my cpvc job and his comment was "interesting" I didn't think interesting was positive at the time. If it leaks anymore i'll stablize it (as i don't have a crane and can't afford a true blue plumber) and install a PVC stink pipe myself. :p
Thanks for you comment. I wire brushed it good and the caulk is the 30 year good stuff, and the pipe seemed stable. The pipe is 60 years old so perhaps it will hold up a few more years but i understand that rust never sleeps!;)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks