Stenner injection pump control module malfunction

Users who are viewing this thread

Muff

Reaction score
My PCM5 control module is malfunctioning and runs continuously on my iron removal system and severely over-dosed the water. This is a intermittent problem that seems to happen after the backwash cycle of my iron filter.
My guess is that a component overheats during the continuous backwash and eventually cools down and operates normally.
During the malfunction it's injecting bleach continuously until it cools down(?) or sucks the solution tank dry, which obviously makes for some pretty nasty water(after cutting the sample 8 times it tested 45ppm).
Supposedly Filox is tolerant to sodium hypochlorite(bleach) so I'm hoping the media didn't get ruined. It did wreck a load of clothes in the washer and my very unhappy girlfriend has some interesting highlights in her hair.
I'm posting this so others are aware this can happen and am wondering if any one else has run into this problem.When I contacted Stenner, they could've cared less, simply told me my module was out of warranty. I suppose if my girlfriend would've been blinded in the shower and a lawyer was contacting them they might have been a little more interested.
Bad water sucks, Muff

Muff

Reaction score
My PCM5 control module is malfunctioning and runs continuously on my iron removal system and severely over-dosed the water. This is a intermittent problem that seems to happen after the backwash cycle of my iron filter.
My guess is that a component overheats during the continuous backwash and eventually cools down and operates normally.
During the malfunction it's injecting bleach continuously until it cools down(?) or sucks the solution tank dry, which obviously makes for some pretty nasty water(after cutting the sample 8 times it tested 45ppm).
Supposedly Filox is tolerant to sodium hypochlorite(bleach) so I'm hoping the media didn't get ruined. It did wreck a load of clothes in the washer and my very unhappy girlfriend has some interesting highlights in her hair.
I'm posting this so others are aware this can happen and am wondering if any one else has run into this problem.When I contacted Stenner, they could've cared less, simply told me my module was out of warranty. I suppose if my girlfriend would've been blinded in the shower and a lawyer was contacting them they might have been a little more interested.
Bad water sucks, Muff

UPDATE: After getting a module shipped overnight (Thanks Nilson's Hardware in Swanville, MN.) it's not the problem. Installed the new one and pump injected out of sequence for no apparent reason. Seems to be a problem in the reed switch sensor on the seametrics pulse meter. I have a dual sensor so I changed the reed switch leads to the unused one. It started injecting twice per cycle (intermittently) and sometimes injects when the magnet isn't even near the sensor. I tried to open it up and disconnect the faulty(?) reed switch but it's sealed in epoxy. I'll be back on the phone with Stenner to let them know they were wrong on their diagnosis which cost me $240 for nothing. Now to find a replacement sensor, which doesn't seem to be readily available. Muff

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks