Standard height for shower control?

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by swhite63, Apr 23, 2007.

1. swhite63

swhite63 New Member

Is there a standard height for locating a shower-only control lever? I'm converting my tub/shower unit to a shower alcove, and I know the height of the control is higher, but how much? Or maybe it's totally up to the homeowner's preference? Thanks!:confused:
  2. you get to choose. Whatever height you wish.
  3. leejosepho

leejosepho DIY scratch-pad engineer

The instructions for the one I just installed here at home say 45" to 48" for the control, and 78" for the showerhead. But like David said, you get to decide!
  4. AlwaysInHotWater

AlwaysInHotWater New Member

Always, always defer to the wife when deciding height. It will make life much easier in the years to come even if you have to stoop a bit to rinse your hair.