Standard DWV stub out height for kitchen sink

Users who are viewing this thread

spresco

Reaction score
Is there a standard stub out height above the finished floor for DWV under a kitchen sink? Also, what would be a standard spacing between the stub outs for a double compartment sink?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Nope...some sinks are 5" deep, some are 12", some people put a disposal unit on, some don't; some people use standard 36" high counters, some don't (mine are at 40", I'm tall). Each of these things will affect the height of where the pipes need to be.

While you might be okay with a standard, the only way to be sure everything will work right is to spec out the sink first with a disposal if you want, and then figure out where to put the connection.

Krow

Plumber
Reaction score
When I was apprenticing, our standard for kitchen was 18" from finished floor to center. But since the gaburaters, dishwahers and what ever else you can think of, the common height that seems to work , taking into account any future provisions is 15"-16"

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks