Standard DWV stub out height for kitchen sink

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by spresco, Jan 30, 2009.

1. spresco

spresco New Member

Is there a standard stub out height above the finished floor for DWV under a kitchen sink? Also, what would be a standard spacing between the stub outs for a double compartment sink?
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Nope...some sinks are 5" deep, some are 12", some people put a disposal unit on, some don't; some people use standard 36" high counters, some don't (mine are at 40", I'm tall). Each of these things will affect the height of where the pipes need to be.

While you might be okay with a standard, the only way to be sure everything will work right is to spec out the sink first with a disposal if you want, and then figure out where to put the connection.
  3. krow

krow Plumber

When I was apprenticing, our standard for kitchen was 18" from finished floor to center. But since the gaburaters, dishwahers and what ever else you can think of, the common height that seems to work , taking into account any future provisions is 15"-16"