sprinkler touble

Discussion in 'Irrigation / Sprinkler Forum' started by jefferson, Aug 2, 2009.

1. jefferson

jefferson New Member

I am using plastic impact sprinklers. they refuse to return and get stuck. Have tried 5 different sprinklers but no luck. we run them off of a well. there is sufficient pressure since we can run 4 on a zone. the sprinklers i have trouble with are on a zone of 2 sprinklers. what am i doing wrong! surely all these i have tried aren't defective
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

sprinklers

The question is WHY do they refuse to return? Is the mechanism not flipping over to the recycle position, or is the sprinkler itself sticking?
  3. msgale

msgale New Member

is the water dirty?
    small particles prevent the spring from retracting?
  4. upper

upper DIY Senior Member

Is the flow control on that particular zone open all the way? Upper
  5. onedrop

onedrop New Member

most often the problem

We take many calls per week regarding this subject. I would say 90% of the time the problem is lack of pressure. Depending on the type of sprinkler you have (more information would be helpful on brand...) they might spray water just fine, but not have sufficient pressure to activate the return mechanism.
    have you measured your pressure?
    If the problem is low pressure I would suggest looking into a Sennenger Wabbler (http://www.sprinkler.com/buy/wobbler)which is perfect for low pressure applications-- it has an extremely even watering pattern as well. The only down side is that the ark can't be adjusted.
    Hope this helps!