sprinkler touble

Users who are viewing this thread

jefferson

Reaction score
I am using plastic impact sprinklers. they refuse to return and get stuck. Have tried 5 different sprinklers but no luck. we run them off of a well. there is sufficient pressure since we can run 4 on a zone. the sprinklers i have trouble with are on a zone of 2 sprinklers. what am i doing wrong! surely all these i have tried aren't defective

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
sprinklers

The question is WHY do they refuse to return? Is the mechanism not flipping over to the recycle position, or is the sprinkler itself sticking?

Msgale

Reaction score
is the water dirty?
small particles prevent the spring from retracting?

Upper

DIY Senior Member
Reaction score
Is the flow control on that particular zone open all the way? Upper

onedrop

Reaction score
most often the problem

We take many calls per week regarding this subject. I would say 90% of the time the problem is lack of pressure. Depending on the type of sprinkler you have (more information would be helpful on brand...) they might spray water just fine, but not have sufficient pressure to activate the return mechanism.
have you measured your pressure?
If the problem is low pressure I would suggest looking into a Sennenger Wabbler (http://www.sprinkler.com/buy/wobbler)which is perfect for low pressure applications-- it has an extremely even watering pattern as well. The only down side is that the ark can't be adjusted.
Hope this helps!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks