Speaker wires

Discussion in 'Electrical Forum discussion & Blog' started by Nate R, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Nate R

Nate R New Member

I'm running speaker wires from our office to our kitchen and to our bathroom. How do I need to treat these as far as NEC goes? Do I need a certain type of box, etc?

I did get wire that was rated for in wall use. Beyond that, I don't know what's required.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

You can run them almost anywhere except in the electrical box. They can pick up noise if you run them along other a/c supply lines - it's best to keep them away and cross at right angles, if required. Don't run them in an air duct. Other than that, I don't think there's an issue. One of the pros will beat on me if I've mislead you.