Something Always Leaks

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by SteveB, Dec 8, 2008.

1. SteveB

SteveB New Member

I have a situation where something in my condo is always leaking. If I shut off the water to the leaking device, it just causes the leak to move somewhere else.

The only thing I can think of is the water pressure to my unit is too high. Does this make any sense?

I get a small amount of knocking when I start the laundry too.
  2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Excessive pressure can make weak or old fixtures leak. It's fairly cheap and easy to check the pressure. You can buy a gauge at one of the big box stores or any plumbing supply store that would hook up to a hose bib, or with adapters, nearly anywhere. See what your pressure is, then get back.
  3. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

[​IMG]
  4. SteveB

SteveB New Member

Thanks for the help. The gauge says my water pressure is a little over 140 psi, which I understand to be way too high.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2008
  5. kingsotall

kingsotall Plunger/TurdPuncher

Get a plumber ASAP!
  6. Jay Mpls

Jay Mpls Master plumber

YIKES!!!!!!!
    Anything over 80 psi.Have your association people get a plumber ASAP!
    And...good job paying attention where no one else seems to have! Your saving the building.