Users who are viewing this thread

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
I've got 20 GPM flow at my house to the softener input,
And how do you know that?

As in most sprinkler systems installations, the sprinkler system will be designed to work directly off of the well not the pressure tank.
And the softener is at the house?

When you said my dual 90ks were way too large, I concluded either you didn't really understand my situation or you didn't really know what you were talking about.
I didn't know then that you wanted to soften the irrigation water. Whihc is a very dumb idea because if it rained as much as you think it will, you wouldn't need irrigation. And trust me, 1-3 months in NJ is more than enough time to kill vegetation with softened water.

The other problem is that when the irrigation is not being used, your 3 cuft tank is probably going to be way too big for the house peak demand, but I can't say for sure until I have more info.

My business is booming like days of old right now.

Gary Slusser

That's all folks!
Reaction score
Website
www.qualitywaterassociates.com
20 gpm was figured out by measuring water held in pressure tank and then divided by the time it took the well to file the tank back up.
But that's not what you need to know to size the softener for a house, which in your first post you didn't say you were softening the irrigation water.

In almost all my posts I've been stating how the softener will filter out the IRON for the sprinkler system zones near the house and hardscape. For some reason you ignore the data given too you. Since sprinker usage is limited to a few months I have the flexibility of going to potasium cloride or just using regular salt. Also grains are low so salt added to water isn't high. but again you don't listen.
And as I said, and you now say, you haven't said in all your posts that you wanted to softener all the water including the irrigation water.

I'm not ignoring what you say or not listening, I have commented on what you have said. And you're using incorrect assumptions because you think you know everything, and that is not true.

getting a chuckle out of you and bob99, or is it bob and you, how many other aliases do you have? Saw an interesting article that described folks who post on forums with many alias tend to always think they are right so they create aliases that agree with them.

chuckle chuckle chuckle,
martyo
That makes no sense... they think they are right so they use aliases that agrees with them! WHY would they do that since they think they are right to begin with?

I've been using my real name in posts like this since Jan 1997. A Bob Schafer (sic) if IIRC, called me a few months ago and I think it was Bob999 but don't know for sure. He said he was from PA, and Bob999 says he is. I'm from PA but live in my motor home and we are currently in AZ and haven't been in PA since Sept 2007. I have a 3.5 year old cell phone with a 570 (PA) area code phone number, it's the only phone we have. I told the Bob that called me that he didn't need the piece of equipment he asked me about. Terry, the owner here would probably be glad to check and tell you if Bob999 and I are the same person. Anyway, Bob or me, as far as I can recall, neither of us gave you any incorrect info.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks