Softener, what to buy.....and where

Users who are viewing this thread

David Massey

Reaction score
thanks in advance, we are building our home it is a 3/2 with only the two of us living in it.
two water filtration companies have come out and have tested the water about the same.
Iron=2.0 hardness=15gr. TDS=353 Ph=7.6 Tanin=light
One sugested a water sofener and Iron filter with clorine tab injector $3600.00
the other suggested a water softener and Iron filter air injection that has a seperate salt tank for backwash $3400.00
1hp well pump to 3/4" pex plumbing, not sure what the house flow rate will be but at the pump now were getting around 15gpm
I would like to purchase this stuff myself as i am very handy but not sure where and what size
thanks for any and all help
Dave

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
If you want some local support which I would recommend there are several fairly local companies I know that would be glad to assist you. Please feel free to IM me and I can make suggestions.

Asa to your particular water issues, iron, hardness and tannins combined can be a very difficult combo to treat. Eco-Mix https://view.publitas.com/impact-water-products/2018-catalog-final/page/34-35 has proven to be effective most of the time but not all of the time. Tannins are a family of contaminants, not an actual defined contaminant. In other words tannins can be peat moss, pine trees, redwoods, etc... all of these organic compounds react differently to different water treatment methods. Sometimes a tannin selective anion resin is very effective, other times it is totally ineffective and heavy doses of chlorine and dechlorinization are the preferred method. Other times Ulta Filtration is the solution. Pilot testing is usually recommended or buying from a local experienced water treatment company that is familiar with your specific water quality issue.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks