Slow kitchen sink drain now backs up into the dishwasher.

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by waldosgone, Jun 21, 2014.

1. waldosgone

waldosgone New Member

All,

Thanks for the forums as they've already helped me replace a sillcock and do some other minor repairs to our hundred year old house. Our kitchen sink has now become the target of the wife's ire as it went from leaking when it drained, due to the cast iron cracking, to not draining at all. We had a plumber come out to take a look and he ran a snake ~30' and it didn't pull anything out and left. We did the dishes that night and the sink and dishwasher both overflowed. What I'm thinking is there is a clog in the drain line for the kitchen sink/dishwasher as the rest of the drains in the house work just fineā€¦ Is there a way to verify this assumption or just start digging in the crawl space? Additionally, this same plumbers advice was to just run the kitchen drain over to the bathroom drain that works correctly. I think this will temporarily fix the problem but probably won't solve it long term?

James
  2. dj2

dj2 Member

1. Your blockage is more than 30' deep.

2. If your drain line is cracked, fix it.
  3. MACPLUMB 777

MACPLUMB 777 TROJAN WORLDWIDE SALES RP

WHEN I POWER SNAKE A KITCHEN DRAIN LINE I GO ALL THE WAY INTO THE MAIN SEWER LINE !

STANDING RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOUR KITCHEN SINK HOW MANY FEET TO THE NEAREST BATHROOM THAT IS WHERE YOUR KITCHEN LINE TIES INTO THE MAIN AND THAT IS HOW MANY FEET YOU HAVE TO RUN THE SNAKE, THEN YOU KEEP WORKING IT BACK AND FORTH TILL THE DRAIN IS OPEN (NOT JUST ONCE)

OR JUST CALL http://www.willrogersplumbing.com/

THEY ARE IN YOUR AREA AND WILL TREAT YOU RIGHT !