Slow Flushing Toilet

Discussion in 'Toilet Forum discussions' started by Corvette, Aug 31, 2005.

1. Corvette

Corvette New Member

Wondering if anyone has a suggestion, One of my daughters droped a brush in the toilet, Well needless to say it didnt go down too well, but I cant reach it from the inside the bowl and I took it off the floor and tried to reach it that way and cant reach it, does anyone have a suggestion.
  2. If you are positive that it is still inside the toilet then I suggest you try this:
    If it is a wood brush, leave the toilet off for a couple days so that the wood stops swelling; it might jar loose and come out. The alternative is replacing the toilet.
  3. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

brush

A good closet auger should grab it. or........
    Keep the toilet and turn it upside down and get it out..........
  4. A closet auger will definitely complicate matters if you are trying to retrieve the obstruction, not jam it further into the trap, possibly causing the item to be permanently stuck inside the toilet. Hard cranking a closet auger in that fashion could cause damage to the bowl.
  5. plumber1

plumber1 Plumber

auger

Never harmed a toilet with just a closet auger.
    Some augers are better than others.
    I got a lot of brushes, toys, rags, deoderizer hung on wire, pens and pencils,
    overloaded flushes, you name it.