Slope and tub box question

Users who are viewing this thread

Dmt78

Reaction score
Still putting this together. Hopefully things look correct so far to you guys?

Slope of the main 4” pipe is 1/4 bubble, but the other pipes have been a battle trying to get them to 1/4 bubble. They are more sloped not crazy steep, but am I ok on these pipes being over?

Does the tub/shower drain and vent look ok? I planned on putting a black tub box with just the drain pipe sticking up to though it.
Thanks for the help.

7888D7B9-E8D8-41A3-B096-61CF65D19A81.jpeg
8F5752B8-D152-409D-B461-312522DD35F8.jpeg
C888D221-2C5D-4410-A1DC-BF702E755A1A.jpeg

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
The toilet should have a cleanout on the end of that run. Roll off a vent but use 3 inch and have the c.o. be behind in the wall.
The tub box should not have the pipe sticking up and the ptrap should not be assembled. We leave that for fine adjustment at time of tub install...
If this is a tub with shower, then inch and a half is ptrap size.

Dmt78

Reaction score
The toilet should have a cleanout on the end of that run. Roll off a vent but use 3 inch and have the c.o. be behind in the wall.
The tub box should not have the pipe sticking up and the ptrap should not be assembled. We leave that for fine adjustment at time of tub install...
If this is a tub with shower, then inch and a half is ptrap size.

Does 2015 IPC require a clean out behind the toilet or can the toilet be removed for clean out purposes?
Also on the tub/shower ptrap how do we test the system if not assembled?
Thanks. Just trying to get this correct.

Reach4

Reaction score
Slope of the main 4” pipe is 1/4 bubble, but the other pipes have been a battle trying to get them to 1/4 bubble. They are more sloped not crazy steep, but am I ok on these pipes being over?
Maybe on some other thread you defined what 1/4 bubble means to you, but it is not a standard measure.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Use a 2 foot level. Then use something that you know is 1/2" thick under one side of it (it has to be all the way at the end of the level). The bubble should be between the lines. If your really close you should be fine.

Last edited:

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
I would strongly suggest any waste pipe under ground should not be smaller then 2"