Slide out sink - drain connection?

Users who are viewing this thread

JeffeVerde

Reaction score
One wall of my garage abuts a dead space under a stair landing and I want to make use of that space to install a utility sink (there's easy access to drain, vent and water in this dead space).

I could open the wall and frame a niche for the sink -- but that would make the sink awkward to use (from the garage, the floor of the stair landing is at eye-level) .

The ideal solution would be to have the sink on a pull-out, so that I could pull it into the garage space when I need it, and push it back into the wall when I don't.

Providing sufficient play in the supply lines is no problem. But any suggestions on how to connect the drain? This would get very occasional use- maybe a couple times a month, and there is easy access to the in-wall plumbing to maintain it.

Reach4

Reaction score
Suppose you have a low sink, or even a floor sink, in the space under the stairs. Your roll-out sink would drain, without a trap, into the low/floor sink.

Instead of a sink below, suppose you have a linear drain, such as they put in showers. You could remove the grill, and have your sink-on-wheels or sink-on-tracks drop its water anywhere along the path. There would be a p-trap on the output of the linear drain.
stainless-steel-emoderndecor-shower-drain-covers-tzld-48-ti-64_145.jpg

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks