Single to Double sink vanity conversion

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by Harley-Jockey, Feb 9, 2008.

1. Harley-Jockey

Harley-Jockey New Member

I am new to this forum and am trying to find out how to convert my single sink vanity to a double sink vanity. The water pipes come out of the wall into the old vanity right in the middle (60" vanity) so I need to know how to run water to both faucets. Is there a way to do this with some sort of 'tee' or do the copper pipes have to be retrofitted? I think I have the drain issue figured out from another posting. Any advice will be greatly appreciated!:)
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You could use tees and long flex lines. If there are drawers in front of where the shut-offs are, it will be hard to work on. It woud not be too much work while you have acccess to the wall, to route copper in the wall to come out directly behind each sink. Much neater, shorter flex lines, etc.