single, moen; not getting hot water!!! plz help

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by maor, Dec 4, 2008.

1. maor

maor New Member

Few months ago a handyman remodel the upatairs bathroom, I tried to shower but didnt get hot water...!!!!any suggestions will be appreciated!!
  2. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Under the handle is a hot limit stop it probably needs to be adjusted properly.
    Do you know what the model # is?
  3. maor

maor New Member

Thanks for replying!! and no i dont know the model#...! i took it apart ..... and it does have some plastic stopppers but even when i turn the water on with out them it still comes out cold ... i only get a little warm after i pass the 180 degree turn but only get a tritkle of water!!Any suggestions !!!
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

Sounds like one of two things: the pressure balance spool valve is stuck, or there is some debris caught in the hot inlet. If there's an in-line stop valve, it could be closed. How old is the house? Could there be some galvanized pipes in there that are all clogged up with rust?
  5. maor

maor New Member

im not sure around 50s and ill check for the galvanize pipe!!!\
  6. Redwood

Redwood Master Plumber

Or the handyman melted down the cartridge...:mad:

Answer the questions in the pull down menus under
    DON'T KNOW YOUR MODEL OR REPLACEMENT PART NUMBER?

At this link and find your valve.
    http://www.moen.com/buymoen/buyparts/index.cfm

Sounds like it might be a posi-temp.