single handle price pfister shower faucet

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice, Tips & ' started by don640, Oct 5, 2008.

1. don640

don640 New Member

how do you replace cartridge in this? took handle off and i just see a plastic nib.

installed in 1998 and i think it is the Avante but really not positive.
  2. patrick88

patrick88 Plumber

Goto the price pfister web page. With out seeing the valve it is very hard to know what you are looking at. The MFG should send you new parts and directions? The warranty should still be in effect.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pp

It should either have a single big nut holding it in, or 4 screws holding a retainer.
  4. don640

don640 New Member

there are four screws holding a threaded black tube. the white nib the handle fits into is sticking out of this. the black tube is used to screw on a chrome tube to hold the big round plate to the shower wall. if i take out the four screws then the cartridge can be replaced? as you can tell i know nothing about this.
  5. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

Pp

Yes, that is the way to do it. make sure the new one goes in exactly like the old one was so you do not wind up with the hot and cold positions reversed.
  6. don640

don640 New Member

thanks for answering- i will do tonight.