Simple Question 5600 Econominder

Discussion in 'Water Softener Forum, problems, installation and r' started by gizzy, Jan 16, 2011.

1. gizzy

gizzy New Member

My softener runs every 5-6 days. It needs to run every 2-3 days. If I manually regenerate, everything is fine. How do I get it to run more often?

The manufacturer website is very vague on this. Help!

-gizzy
  2. Akpsdvan

Akpsdvan In the Trades

Is it a meter or day?
    In the lower right hand corner is either a 12 day wheel or a wheel that goes from 0-21 that is a gallon counter..
  3. JKERN

JKERN New Member

I would guess that yours is a metered since econominder is generally referring to the metered 5600. Trick your unit by turning the capacity down. You need to figure out your gallonage usage first and then turn it to whatever that usage is in 2-3 days. On the other hand is that if this unit was set correctly for your water makeup and usage this is probably an indication that something is not working. How old is your unit and are you sure it was set properly at the initial startup?
  4. Gary Slusser

Gary Slusser That's all folks!

If there is nothing wrong causing hard water breakthrough before regeneration, you can click the link in my signature to learn how to determine when it should regenerate.