silicone remover by AMTEX??

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mele, Jan 25, 2005.

1. mele

mele New Member

Anyone have any experience with a silicone remover made by a company called AMTEX?? I've tried all the other methods short of this specialty product, without success... . the new silicone isn't sticking where the old silicone was.
  2. Don Zorn

Don Zorn New Member

3. Jimtheplumber

Jimtheplumber New Member

I've used the Amtex product

I have had success using the Amtex product to remove caulking around fixtures and also a silicone grease from some parts. I believe the website is www.amtexchemical.com. Hope this helps.
  4. jumpyg

jumpyg New Member

I've had a lot of success using Contractor's Solvent by De-Solv-It. They sell it at Damman's hardware stores here in Michigan. Glenn Haege, who has a handyman radio show that airs nationally, recommended it to me.

Contractor's Solvent