Silicone Glass Panels and Remodel

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by mrick, May 3, 2008.

1. mrick

mrick New Member

Is silicone around glass panel needed? It is noticeable? Can the door swing inward? Are clips or channel better?

thnx,
    mrick
    Last edited: May 6, 2008
  2. Rob223

Rob223 New Member

Ive never seen glass doors not sealed with silicone to the edges, thats what keeps the water inside from possibly leaking out, as far as clips vs. channel I guess thats a personal preference but I think the clips would look better. I woulnt have run it to the ceiling unless its a steamroom but that just means youll need to leave the door open which most people do anyway to help dry it out.
  3. Rob223

Rob223 New Member

Even if they used channel that would also be siliconed to the tile, so I feel its a cleaner look with out it. You should ask THEM why the note says to swing the door in, normally shower doors swing out, Ive never seen one swing in.
  4. mrick

mrick New Member

Thanks Rob

Many thanks for your help Rob.
    Last edited: May 6, 2008