Shuttle Discovery on its last flight

Users who are viewing this thread

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Looks like Space Shuttle Discovery is on its way to Washington.

Cookie

Reaction score
Now, does this look familiar? This is my husband, this was so massive the ladder he climbed was huge, he did the electrical, and I did some of the mathematics. Those were the fun days!

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
Cool pics aren't they? Guess what shaft power requirement of HP that was? and, its constant speed?

here is a hint: it is the largest adjustable speed drive system in the world.

and, lol, HJ, this is the truth, lol, I cross my heart and hope to die. :) we worked on things like this together, you probably, think, I just made coffee, lol.

Last edited:

DonL

Jack of all trades Master of one
Reaction score
Cool pics aren't they? Guess what shaft power requirement of HP that was? and, its constant speed?

here is a hint: it is the largest adjustable speed drive system in the world.

and, lol, HJ, this is the truth, lol, I cross my heart and hope to die. :) we worked on things like this together, you probably, think, I just made coffee, lol.

That looks like the ones I used to work on in the Wind Tunnel.

It would blow your shirt up.

Cookie

Reaction score
What did you do on the Wind Tunnels? This one had a HP of 135,000 and surely, would blow your head off. Do you remember the constant speed? Calcuations had to be so precise that the blades could be moved 1/4 of inch, with the tip of your finger. You know, if you worked on them, the weight of each blade and the size, the volume of this. It's height was that of the 3 story building. A truly amazing thing to see working.

Last edited:

Cookie

Reaction score
But, all in all, it is sad to see the Shuttle end.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks