Shower water fluctuates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Steve100

Reaction score
Hi,
I live in a apartment complex and it's been over a week now, when i take a shower the water fluctuates from hot to cold about every 20 seconds. I notice the tenant right above me, their toilet water runs every 10 to 20 seconds. I was wondering does that have anything to do with my shower water, or is it something else? I would appreciate any kind help with this matter, thanks!

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
shower

At least tell the landlord about the toilet. I'm sure he would like to know about the toilet and get it repaired.

Tell him about showering situation......

Possibly the toilet constantly refilling affects the flow to your shower.

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
Suggest to your landlord, for liability reasons, he might want to replace the shower control valve with one meeting current code - that requires a pressure-balanced valve. It would reduce the hot along with the cold, so you'd only notice a volume change, not a (significant) temperature change. Note, old valves are not required to be changed until they fail in most places, so it is not against code to keep an old one, it is just that when it needs to be replaced, it needs to be updated to meet current code.

Steve100

Reaction score
Ok, I notified the landlord about the leak and if that doesn't fix it, i will tell him about the shower valve. I like to thank you both for your kind replies! Thanks! :)

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks