Shower Vent to Main Vent joint

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GRJack, May 15, 2008.

1. GRJack

GRJack New Member

Please see atached pics.

I am joining the shower vent to the main vent.
    Due to framing obstructions, can I join the vents like in pic. A
    with the shower vent dropping (only 3-4 inches) before it tees into
    the main vent (my concern is the high point of the shower vent is
    higher than the tee- do sewer gases like to collect in this high area instead
    of venting out?) or do I have to join them like in pic. B?

Also, for this joint can I just use a regular tee (or sani tee) or do I need
    a 'vent tee'.

Attached Files:

2. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

As I understand it, the vent must essentially run up from the trap, it can't have any downward leg. Condensation or a backup could fill it and then block it.
  3. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

vent

Plan B is the official way, using any kind of tee you want to. Plan A will also work, but would not pass an inspection.