Shower valve

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by jeff45, Dec 30, 2005.

1. jeff45

jeff45 New Member

I have 2 Price Pfister tub/shower valves that rarely get used. I ran the water just to flow some water thru them and when I lifted the shower diverter the valves were very noisey. It is a high pitched squeal only when I divert to the shower head. What is the fix for this? Thanks! Jeff
  2. hj

hj Moderator & Master Plumber Staff Member

noise

usually it means you have to clean the shower head.
  3. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

The seal on the tub spout divertor has dried out and doesn't seal well. At least that is what used to happen on my shower. I have a different system now. It might resolve it if you replace the tub spout/divertor. I found that if I played with the divertor a little (push is down just a slight bit), it solved the problem until it eventually worked again after repeated wettings.