Shower/tub drain strainer

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by ideaman4u, Jan 17, 2009.

1. ideaman4u

ideaman4u New Member

I have a theory I would like to bounce off the forum members and hopefully Terry. Sometime ago, a friend suggested I install a strainer in my shower to minimize the hair going down the drain and hopefully reduce the the occasional need to snake the drain line. Well, I did so a number of months ago and since this time, I have had MORE occasions :( to snake the drain!

I am wondering if the reduction in drain water flow created by the strainer is actually CONTRIBUTING :confused: to more blockages/slowdowns and is thus defeating my intentions. Any thoughts on this?
  2. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

Is the strainer you use actually catching any hair?