Shower stall replacement

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by brussell222, Apr 3, 2013.

1. brussell222

brussell222 New Member

I want to replace my shower stall. My current shower unit measures 46" wide. I can only find 48" units. I'm not sure I can find 2 extra inches when I remove the old unit. Has anybody run into a similar situation

any ideas?
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

A shower can be made any size.

If you want to buy a shower stall from a store, you have to chose from what they sell.
  3. dvddiva

dvddiva New Member

If you would consider going a little smaller,you might want to try showers by Maax.
  4. jadnashua

jadnashua Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx

I'm pretty sure that shower kits are measured the same way tubs are...from the rough-opening. You sure it's 46"? That being said, you can make or have made a tiled shower in any size as you wish (as long as it's above the code minimum 30x30" in the USA).