Shower nipple outlet sticks out too far! any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

DemiGod

Reaction score
Ok, plumbing is all complete behind tiled wall. Problem is the shower outlet nipple sticks out too far from the tile for the shower hose elbow adapter to fit flush with the tile.

I would cut down either the outlet or the adapter but this leaves thread too short. I thought I could put a chrome washer in between adapter and the tiles? Or perhaps I could get a different adapter - I cannot seem to find any that fit the job.

Any other ideas....mmm Yes please...

I have attached two pictures so you can see the problem. I don't really want to take any tiles off the wall as I would also have to take the backer board that they are secured as well!

Attachments

• nipple outlet half inch female.jpg
    nipple outlet half inch female.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 1,701
  • bit gap with adapter fully tightened.jpg
    bit gap with adapter fully tightened.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 1,897

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
What depth did the rough in instructions specify? Have the plumber come back and rough it in where it is supposed to go. Then backcharge him to pay for the tile guy.

Thassler

Reaction score
Browse one of the big box stores for a faucet/valve kit that contains a decent looking collar that can go behind it then see if you can order just that part.

Basement_Lurker

One who lurks
Reaction score
Is the other side of the wall not accessible? The best thing you could do would be to cut the back out and install this properly.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks