Shower Leak

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by y2kmurray, Dec 10, 2007.

1. y2kmurray

y2kmurray New Member

When I turn the shower handle water comes out from the shower head and the tube spout...whats wrong here?? please help

I have a gerber 3 handle... last week I replaced the shower stem
  2. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

On a 3-handle shower, there are three stems. Which one did you replace, and did you have this problem before you replaced it?
  3. nadine

nadine New Member

Hello,
    The handle and faceplate are only cosmetics, the valve body itself has a cartridge in it that turns water on and off. Sometimes a complete replacement is the order of the day to stop the leaking, if I knew a little more about faucet would help. Go to moen.com look up shower faucets and they have a breakdown ot schematics and should help you. Sometimes they will send a new cartridge if yours is a Moen.
  4. Verdeboy

Verdeboy In the Trades

Are you reading the same post I am?
    :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: