Shower Help. Door Track Gunk

Discussion in 'Shower & Bathtub Forum & Blog' started by Michael Rudolph, Sep 13, 2013.

1. Michael Rudolph

Michael Rudolph New Member

I just purchased a home and the shower in the basement has a distinct smell that I have traced to this weird disgusting slimy type substance that was put into the track beneath the shower door.

My first instinct is to scrape this all out and replace it with some sort of silicone.

Could someone please help me? Here are a couple of photos

20130912_113333_resized.jpg
    20130911_165833_resized.jpg
  2. dj2

dj2 Member

I can't help you cleaning it, but I can tell you that it's time to roll up your sleeves and get to work. Clean it with bleach, Comet, Spic n Span or whatever else you got.

If it were me, I'd replace the door, as a gift for myself for purchasing the home.
  3. Michael Rudolph

Michael Rudolph New Member

Thanks. I plan on doing a thorough cleaning job for sure but was confused as to why there was that huge piece of rubbery substance in there in the first place. I thought that "track" should have been empty.

Thanks for your reply.