Shower Head wont fit on shower arm

Discussion in 'Shower & bathtub Forum & Blog' started by KennyBlak3, Oct 3, 2011.

1. KennyBlak3

KennyBlak3 New Member

I just purchased a new shower head for my shower and the arm of the shower does not seem to accept the shower head. It has a screw that is on the shower arm and somthing like a ball on the tip of the arm. Is there any other showerheads that any one knows that fit this type of shower arm? Or should I just replace the arm. Thanks
    photo (1).jpg
  2. cacher_chick

cacher_chick Test, Don't Guess!

Replace the arm.
  3. jimbo

jimbo Plumber

You have an old ball end arm, and it will only accept ONE shower head, made by that particular company. The two well-known ball end arms were Price Pfister, and American Standard ( and they have different threads from one another).

It is getting very difficult to find either of those heads. You should remove that arm and replace it